If you find it hard approaching people with the Gospel, then try this, it works! Pick up a phone book, begin calling at the "A's," and when someone answers, politely say:
"Hello, we are doing a survey to find out America's relationship to the Ten Commandments. The results will be published in a book...would you be willing to answer a few questions?
With a tender conscience, just give a "Yes" or "No" answer to the following:
- Have you ever broken the First by failing to put God first in your life -- always loving Him with all your heart, mind, soul and strength? YES NO
- Have you ever broken the Second Commandment by making a god in your own image -- had your own beliefs about God rather than the One revealed in the Bible? YES NO
- Have you ever used God's name in vain? YES NO
- Have you always kept the Sabbath holy? YES NO
- Have you always honored (valued) your parents implicitly? YES NO
- Have you murdered (the Bible says that if we hate someone, we commit murder in our hearts) YES NO
- Have you ever committed adultery (includes premarital sex and lust)? YES NO
- Have you ever stolen (the value of the article is irrelevant)? YES NO
- Have you lied (fibs, white lies, half truths, etc. including these questions)? YES NO
- Have you ever coveted (desired things that belong to other people -- car, husband, wife, etc.)? YES NO
"Thank you very much for participating in this survey. As a token of our appreciation, we would like to either send you a Gospel of John or a brochure called 'Are You Good Enough To Go To Heaven?' Which would you prefer?"
Politely ask the person's name (you have their address in the phone book). Be sensitive to any needs (some elderly people may like a visitor, others may want to ask questions or just talk, or even attend your church). Send them a personal invitation along with the brochure "Are You Good Enough To Go To Heaven."
These tracts are available from us at $3 a hundred ($1 S/H), Gospel's of John are 35 cents each. If you find someone who thinks they are an atheist, or an agnostic, send them our "Atheist Test" tract at $5 for 50 ($1 S/H).
When you have the results, send them to:
c/o L.W. Publications
P.O. Box 1172
Bellflower, CA 90706
May God bless you in your labors for Him.
Back to Evangelism page